Creating a garden inside your house gives the feel and look of a paradise. However, having a garden can be a great responsibility. You need to have the skills and patience in growing plants. You also need to allow enough time in your gardening activities in order to achieve an attractive and greenery garden. Let us learn more about the different gardening tips as we go along this article.
Effective Garden Tips that You Can Follow
There are many different kinds of the garden that you can create and own based on your tastes. You just need to have your preferences, plans, designs, and ideas on how you want your garden to look like. If you want a garden that will provide you with greenery environment the entire year then indoor gardening will suit you. However, if you have enough space for an outdoor garden then it would be better.
Indoor gardening may require extreme commitment when it comes to time, love, and care. Nevertheless, the benefits of it will surely give your place a revitalized and refreshed environment as you unwind and relax.
Here are some of the indoor gardening tips that you can follow:
- Continuously rotate the plants occasionally in the direction of the light source since indoor plants tend to bend whenever they have less exposure to light.
- Bathe the plants occasionally to clean all grime and dust on them.
- Always keep your plants fresh by allowing plenty of ventilation.
- Make sure that the plants absorb sufficient sunlight. This is to avoid plants from getting frail and thin. In case your house received less sunlight then go for plants that only require low light exposures. Another option is to place the plants outside during the mornings and bring it inside again during the evenings.
- Give enough water to your plants as necessary for their growth. Make sure that plants are not experiencing too much dryness. The soil and containers of the plants must have proper drainage.
- Regular adding of fertilizers is necessary. If possible, maintain a time schedule for your fertilizer feeding.
- Separate oil is required for indoor plants as soil from the garden may contain harmful elements such as weeds.
- You can try soil from the local nursery for the container.
- Keep a record of your plants and its details such as time of fertilizer feeding, purchase date, and other related data.
- Proper drainage holes in the containers or pots are important for the plants to avoid clogging and damage on the roots.
Another important gardening tip to follow is to practice proper crop rotation for your garden. This task ensures the prevention of infectious disease that might spread to other plants. It is also important to add natural manure, remove the weeds, and till the soil from the plants. These tasks will help decrease the growth of annual weeds in your garden. In case you have a vegetable garden and been harvesting same vegetable types for the entire time, practice to do planting intervals once in a fortnight. Samples of vegetable types that you can do planting intervals are beans, sweet corn, and peas.
If your garden is spacious, it is best to do group crops in which you divide the garden into sections or blocks. Combine those crops or plants that have same varieties and same harvest dates. Keep in mind not to grow too much amount of same vegetables such as carrots and radish that cannot be stored for a long time and needs to be eaten fresh.